Frequently Asked Questions
How does pricing work?
Every cake has a base cost determined by the number of servings. You can find my base pricing on the pricing page. The base price of each cake includes one hour of custom decoration. Additional artwork is $40 per hour.
When should I order?
To reserve your date, I recommend ordering at least 4-6 months in advance.
What if I have a last-minute order?
Depending on availability, I may or may not be able to accommodate your order. Custom cakes should be ordered as early as possible. If you contact me less than two weeks before your event I am unlikely to be available.
What flavor should I choose?
Oh my gosh! So many delicious choices! Before we go crazy with flavors let me tell you how I’m going to build your cake. I start with a base layer of cake then add any fillings. I cover the filling with another layer of cake before frosting the entire thing with a creamy coat of buttercream frosting.
Triple chocolate fudge cake with Nutella™ mousse filling and chocolate buttercream.
Vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, fresh strawberry slices and vanilla buttercream.
Lemon cake with vanilla buttercream filling, fresh raspberries and vanilla buttercream frosting.
Red velvet cake with cream cheese mousse and vanilla buttercream.
While I try to accommodate allergies, our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
Do you offer desserts other than cake?
Yes! I offer cupcakes, mini cupcakes, and truffles. I can also recommend several excellent bakers who can help with anything I do not provide.
What if I don't like the taste of fondant?
Guess what?! There’s a layer of buttercream under your fondant. Many people don’t enjoy the taste of fondant but it sure makes a beautiful cake. Here’s why I love it. Fondant acts as a protective shield over your cake and keeps everything moist and delicious. (Pssst… you don’t have to eat it!)
Do you deliver?
Yes! Cakes are heavy and fragile. I highly recommend having your wedding or large event cake delivered. They say that the only two people who should transport a wedding cake is the person making it or the person paying for it. This cake will be the centerpiece of your special day. We want it to arrive in one piece… until I cut it up for you. I charge $25 for the first 5 miles and $1.50 per per each additional mile. I do not deliver outside the Treasure Valley.
Can I pick up my cake?
Absolutely! If your party cake is two tiers or less you are welcome to pick it up. Call me and we’ll set up a time.
Do you ship?
Unfortunately, no. This much fabulousness does not ship well.
How do I place my order?
Call, text, email or smoke signal me. I’ll ask you a bazillion questions including, but not limited to...
When is your event?
How many people are you expecting?
What flavors are you interested in?
What are your ideas, themes, colors etc.?
Have you chosen a venue?
Would you like delivery?
Do you charge a deposit?
A non-refundable deposit of $100 or the full balance of your order (if under $100) is due when you place your order. The remaining balance is due two weeks before your event.
When is my final balance due?
Your final balance is due in full 30 days before your event. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges. Payment for smaller party cakes is due at time of pick-up.
How do I pay you?
I am happy to accept payment via any major credit card (by phone), PayPal, Venmo, cash or check.
Call or text 208-995-0601
Paypal - Please make payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send cash or checks to:
1845 W. Canyon Ranch St.
Meridian, ID 83646
Do you offer cake tastings?
I love cake tastings! Nothing makes me happier than meeting a beautiful couple in love, hearing their story, and helping them make their dream cake a reality.
Do you offer cake cutting services and why do I need it?
I love to cut my cakes. Cutting services include me, my big knife and a promise to deliver every possible serving plated perfectly. Service does not include flatware or cleanup. I charge a flat fee of $150.
What on earth is a honeymoon cake?
I’m so glad you asked! It’s a product of my own imagination. Your wedding day can be full of so many special moments and so little food for you. I want to make sure you get more than one bite of cake. That’s where the honeymoon cake comes in. I make a single tier of cake in your favorite flavor all boxed and ready for you to enjoy with your sweetheart after all the wedding excitement is over. It’s one of my favorite things!
How should I store the top tier of my cake to eat on our anniversary?
1. Triple wrap in plastic wrap
2. Triple wrap in aluminum foil
3. Place in Tupperware
Do you have a retail store?
I’m a home-based business and am fully licensed by the health department.
Do you rent cake stands?
I have a large collection of cake stands available for rent. The rental fee is $25.
What are your terms and conditions?
- Weddings - Your initial deposit and signed contract reserve your event date. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Weddings - We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded.
- Weddings - The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Party Cakes - Your event date will be reserved when Oh, For Heaven Cakes! receives your signed contract and deposit (if required).
- Party Cakes - Due to the custom nature of our work, no changes may be made to your order within two weeks of your event date.
- In the event of a cancellation of a special event or wedding, all payments made to date are non-refundable.
- If you or your representative choose to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Oh, For Heaven Cake’s possession.
- Delivery will be within ½ hour of agreed upon time. You must have a responsible person available to take ownership of the cake and assume all responsibility once setup is complete.
- Every venue has its own rules and restrictions. It is your responsibility to know comply with those guidelines. Oh, For Heaven Cakes! will not be held responsible for any issues that arise due to non-compliance.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after delivery and setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and level surface.
- The optimal room temperature for your cake is 75 degrees or below. Goods placed outside are liable to react to the temperature. In hot or humid weather there is the possibility of sugar decorations melting or damage to Goods.
- Please note, we do not provide cake tables, tablecloths, cutting knives, cutlery or serving plates. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide these or check with the venue to ensure these items are provided.
- If flowers are provided, you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- The serving size of your cake is determined by the industry standard of four (4) inches high, one (1) inch wide and one (1) inch deep. Oh, For Heaven Cakes! is not responsible for shortage of cake due to incorrect guest counts or failure to cut industry standard sized slices.
- Oh, For Heaven Cakes! is not responsible for any damages to the cake caused by a guest, caterer, or any other person not employed by Oh, For Heaven Cakes! Client agrees to make arrangements for a proper and secure environment for the cake.
- Client assumes full responsibility for making sure all nonedible cake décor, including but not limited to, sugar flowers, are removed from the cake before it is cut and served. Sugar flowers are made from edible materials, but are not intended for consumption as wires are sometimes added for strength and flexibility to achieve a more natural look. DO NOT EAT DÉCOR.
- Buttercream covered cakes, naked cakes and cupcakes should be refrigerated in the box in which they were delivered, and removed from the fridge and brought to room temperature prior to serving.
- Fondant covered cakes should not be refrigerated, but stored in a cool, preferably air conditioned room, out of sunlight.
- On occasion, we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you. The Client must credit Oh, For Heaven Cakes if pictures of the cake are used for any purpose other than personal use.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Oh, For Heaven Cakes! to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
- If your cake requires equipment such as columns, cake plates or a stand, a credit card number must be provided and kept on file with us to ensure the safe return of the equipment. The equipment must be returned within three days of the event. If not returned within three days you will receive an email and text reminder. If the equipment is not returned within 24 hours of the reminder your credit card will be charged a $150.00 fee to cover the cost of the stand.
Can you use trademarked images on my cake (Disney, Marvel, etc.)?
It is against the law to sell cakes that depict trademarked characters without permission from the trademark owner. I will not depict any trademarked characters on my cakes.